Afroscandic is the premier integrated media resource focusing on Celebrating and Connecting Africans and Scandinavians with the chief goal of promoting progressive themes of interest to Africans and Scandinavians. Afroscandic is also designed to highlight significant achievements of Scandinavian-Africans, thus challenging the African community within the region to blaze the trail and excel in all their callings and contribute to the development of Scandinavia.
Want to Get Involved? Great! We are always looking for interested and capable contributors and volunteers. You don’t have to be a trained journalist and you don’t need to spend lots of time to get involved. You just have to be passionate about what you know and your beliefs.
We welcome contributions from Writers, Columnists, Photographers, Videographers and Cartoonists to share their knowledge and passion with our global audience. This opportunity is for individuals who are seeking a fun, exciting and creative pastime.
Our platform is a medium that would promote your work and introduce you to the world!
Afroscandic website is search engine friendly, i.e. it has been designed and optimized for the purpose of search engine exposure. This feature exposes articles and stories that are published on Afroscandic to millions of people and connect them with people online.
Our pages are discoverable by Google and other major search engines.
Afroscandic publication rank high within search results.
Our site ranks for competitive key terms.
Google crawls our pages often and indexes every new publication.
How you can get involved
- Producing exciting and professional news content
- Direct reporting of newsworthy events and breaking news in proximate areas
- Reporting from school or city council meetings and press releases
- Submitting a University news release about a recent research work or a recent publication
- Interviewing prospects in person or by telephone; for example, scientists, government officials, business representatives, role models and youths.
- Planning and organising events
General Submission Guidelines:
- Submit original content on any topic that interest you or ask us for targeted topics: We love content that you create especially for us.
- Be informative and give each article a strong, descriptive headline: Think what words or phrases a web user would enter to find your content via a search engine, such as google, yahoo, bing etc…
- Write what you know
If your content is approved by our editors, it will be published in the appropriate section of the Afroscandic website.
- Contributors will gain technical experience and reference for future work
- Contributors who attain the highest view with their articles/contributions will receive the monthly Afroscandic Contributor Awards (ACA) plus a special prize.
- Contributors will be able to have their voice/views known globally, i.e they will enjoy a global exposure
- Contributors will have opportunity to conduct interviews, write articles and make a name for themselves;
- Contributors will be able to refer to their articles/contributions as references in their resumes, etc. Contributor’s name will be written as part of the by-line of every article they write.
- Contributors will gain support and assistance from our competent team of editors
- Contributors will have access to a platform where they can present their skills to a large audience
- The possibility to not only expand on your capabilities as a writer, but also to build your portfolio of published articles and become an author.
- You will be able to share your work on your personal social network and extend the reach of your work by introducing it to millions of readers
- You get deep inner pride for promoting progressive themes of interest to Africans and the world at large.
Why not take advantage of this opportunity and start to share your content with global audience who use major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo among others. Brand yourself as an Author and build a name for yourself. For further details, you can send an e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you on our team!